Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Taste: Al Tiramisu



Initial Thoughts:
  • Food:  Traditional Italian dishes taken to new heights.
  • Drinks: Exceptional wine and house-made liqueurs
  • Service: Outstanding. All of the staff was terrific. They go above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome.
  • Would I go back?  Absolutely!
Being a frequent diner, it takes a lot to really impress me. That said, Chef Luigi Diotaiuti's menu was wonderful.  I could feel the warmth and comfort of the restaurant as soon as I walked in the door.  Huge smiles greeted us.  

Everything is super fresh and I could tell it was made with care.  A large platter of live seafood arrived at the table.  We picked our fish from the platter to be served as our main course.  
The antipasti sampling was phenomenal.  I loved having a small taste of everything.  House-made prosciutto, jams, burrata and more.  Delicious!  


The next course was filled with two incredible pastas.  The fresh seafood is delightful.  
You can't leave Al Tiramisu without tasting the tiramisu.   Our favorite dessert was the creamy semifreddo.  
The meal closed so nicely with a trio of House-made liqueurs.  Don't miss the chocolate!
I'm sad I didn't dine at Al Tiramisu before now.  I'll be back for seconds sometime soon.  Stop in for a delicious meal and Italian hospitality.  


Al Tiramisu
2014 P Street NW • Washington, DC 20036
Al Tiramisu on Urbanspoon

No comments: